Writing: Books, Articles, Notes, Scores
- Marion Brown: Afternoon Of A Georgia Faun - Views & Reviews.
1973, NIA Music.
- Marion Brown: Faces and places: the music and travels of a contemporary jazz musician (M.A. Thesis).
1976, Wesleyan University.
- Marion Brown: Sunday Come Down.
In Michael Byron, ed.: Pieces: an anthology.
1976, A.R.C. Publications, Vancouver, Canada.
A collection of process music pieces and graphic scores by Peter Garland, David Mahler, Tom Nixon, Michael Byron, Marion Brown, Harold Budd, Frederic Rzewski, Richard Teitelbaum, David Rosenboom, John Grayson, James Tenney and Stephan Von Huene.
- Marion Brown: Sweet Earth Flying.
In Michael Byron, ed.: Pieces: a second anthology.
1976, Michael Byron, Maple, Ontario.
Scores by Marion Brown, Harold Budd, Daniel Lentz, Thomas Miller, Charles Amirkhanian, David Mehrman, Michael Byron, David Rosenboom, Robert Ashley, David Reck, Philip Corner, David Mahler, James Tenney, Lou Harrison.
- Marion Brown: Liner notes.
Amina Claudine Myers: Poems for Piano. Piano Music of Marion Brown.
1979, Sweet Earth Records.
- Marion Brown: Sunday Come Down/Sweet Earth Flying. Two compositions for solo piano.
In: Scores: An Anthology Of New Music. Selection and Commentary by Roger Johnson.
1981, Schirmer Books, New York.
Recent musical compositions selected for their interest, artistic quality, and accessibility to performance ... all readily performable by a wide range of people--musicians and nonmusicians both.
- Marion Brown: Recollections. Essays, Drawings, Miscellanea.
1984, J.A.S. Publication, Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Edition of 1000 copies.
Includes part of Marion Brown's essay "Afternoon Of A Georgia Faun".
- Marion Brown: Liner notes to Stephen McCraven: International World.
1991, ASP Records.